It’s a fact: Working with an accountant dramatically increases the odds of success for your business.
And with 50% of businesses failing in their first five years (Source: SBA), it just makes good business sense to find ways to increase your chances of success with your business.
Finding the Perfect Blend of Accounting Skills and Expertise
Every business is different when it comes to the type and level of accounting services needed. Some small businesses may only need bookkeeping services, while others benefit from many layers of accounting skills from bookkeepers to Chief Financial Officers. If your business is in the small to mid-market range, generating $500,000 to $20 million in annual revenues, it may not make sense to have a full-time CFO, a full-time controller, and multiple bookkeepers with all the full-time salaries and benefits in your accounting department. The good news is you can still get the advice of these high-level accounting skill sets while paying only for what you need. We work with business owners like you to create a customized package based on your company’s size and level of complexity.
We meet you wherever you are in your journey and offer you just the right solution to not only to serve your current needs, but also to help you grow.
Bookkeeping and Accounting Services
We can handle the recording all your daily financial transactions and/or your entire accounting process which may consist of some or all of the following:
- Business bank reconciliations
- Credit card reconciliations
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Chart of accounts set up or restructuring
- Accounting books clean up
- General Ledger Maintenance
- Financial statements preparation and review
- Meetings on a monthly basis with owners and management or as necessary to discuss financials and other matters
- Supervise and train bookkeeping/accounting staff
- QuickBooks set up
- Xero Set up
We know that your time would be far better spent focusing on generating profits for your business rather than on attempting to manage the daily accounting and bookkeeping routine. Monthly or quarterly, depending on the size of your business and your specific needs, we will take care of your bookkeeping and financial statements.
A small business earning more than $1 million in annual revenues is ready for controller-level services. This includes bookkeeping which is either outsourced or done in-house by full-time or part-time employees or contractors. An oversight function is included where an accounting manager reviews the monthly work and discusses financial reports with the owner. Our controller services include:
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Cash flow projections
- Insights into where you can reduce expenses, increase revenues, decrease risk, and/or benefit from financial opportunities
- Accounting process setup, improvement, and documentation
- Accounting system selection, setup, customization, and training
- Chart of accounts optimization
- Accounts receivable support and analysis
- Inventory setup, reporting and analysis
- Job costing setup, reporting, and training
- Internal control review to reduce the risk of fraud and other management risks
- Key performance metrics selection, setup, and review
- Financial training to elevate skill sets of employees and owners
- Financial report analysis and guidance
- Compliance with financial reporting rules and regulations
- Audit assistance and coordination with an external auditor
- Hiring or supervising accounting staff
Our accounting team will assess your business to determine which controller services will have the most positive impact on its profitability. Based on this assessment, we will develop a plan of action and team up with you to finalize it.
Companies generating more than $5 to $10 million in annual revenue may need the expertise of a Chief Financial Officer. While a controller manages the historical financials of a business, the CFO is forward-looking and strategic. A CFO’s responsibilities include:
- Executive level decision-making and advisory services
- Strategy work, including setting business direction
- Working with investors, board members, and C-level executives
- Contract negotiations
- Compensation program design
- Complex financial regulation compliance
The above categories, Bookkeeping and Accounting, Outsourced Controller and Outsourced CFO, are the core of our accounting expertise. The smaller the business, the more they blend together. We’re happy to put together a package of accounting services that will be perfect for your business.